Welcome to the New Zealand Timber Design Society
A technical group of IPENZ engineers New Zealand
Welcome to the New Zealand Timber Design Society website. The purpose of this site is to put tools and information in the hands of designers of timber buildings. Our Design Aids section does exactly that.
The New Zealand Timber Design Society consists of people interested in timber design. Members include engineers, architects, manufacturers, contractors, designers and many others both in New Zealand and around the world.
The New Zealand Timber Design Society exists to foster the designed use of timber. This is achieved by:
- Providing a forum for members for the collection, collation and dissemination of knowledge about the appropriate use of timber in all its forms.
- Promotion of new ideas for the use of timber in all areas of design.
- Designing environmentally sound uses of timber.
- Fostering research into uses of timber.
- Encouraging interaction between groups interested in timber production, design and use.
- Encouraging excellence in design.
- The provision of design aids
You should consider joining the Timber Design Society if you are involved with the structural use of timber.