The GANG-NAIL Posi-STRUT system is a light, economical method of providing large clear spans in rafter, purlin and floor joist situations. Frames and supports can be spaced further apart to facilitate open spaces below.
The heart of the Posi-STRUT truss is the GANG-NAIL Posi-STRUT web. This is a folded metal web with nail plates at the pointed ends. The metal web is pressed onto timber chords to form a parallel chord truss.
Benefits of using Posi-STRUT
- Services (electrical, plumbing, vacuum systems) are easily run through the trusses without the need to drill holes, weakening the floor.
- Light to lift and fast to install.
- Greater spans for a given depth than solid timber joists.
- Camber is built in, resulting in a flat ceiling line.
- Shrinkage problems through using green timber are eliminated.
- Strongbacks run through the trusses, providing more effective load sharing than solid nogging.
- The ceiling can be fixed directly to the underside of the Posi-STRUT trusses, saving time and materials.
- Competes with other floor systems on price
For further information, including full selection charts and usage details, go to the MiTek website, www.miteknz.co.nz