The New Zealand Timber Design Society invites applications from suitable persons for a New Zealand Timber Design Society Scholarship.
The value of the Scholarship has a maximum value of $3000 per annum but the amount will be reconsidered and decided annually by the Management Committee. The scholarships are to assist persons to undertake research in any field related to timber design in any New Zealand tertiary institution. A condition is that, at the end of the term, the recipient shall produce a publication, relating to the research undertaken, suitable for publishing in the Society’s journal.
Applications, including a description of the proposed work and background of each of the applicants should be addressed to:
NZ Timber Design Society,
PO Box 12 241,
Wellington 6144, New Zealand.
The closing and notification dates each year are, respectively: 21 February and 31 March.
The following are guidelines for the award of these scholarships:
1. Scholarships are for senior undergraduate and post-graduate research projects relating to timber design, within the broad terms of the NZTDS objectives.
2. For students (of any nationality) enrolled at a New Zealand tertiary institution or, in exceptional circumstances for New Zealand citizens registered in post-graduate timber design programmes at foreign universities.
3. Scholarships will be awarded only if both the student and the subject of study are deemed to be of sufficient merit.
4. One or more scholarships may be awarded in any financial year.
5. The total sum of money and the number of scholarships awarded in any one year will be at the discretion of the Management Committee, but any individual scholarship will not exceed $3000 (in 1996 dollar value terms).