When you think house construction in New Zealand, you think timber framed construction. Since the days of early European settlement in New Zealand, house construction has been predominantly of timber framed construction, timber being one of New Zealand’s largest primary resources. This is still the case today.
The question we must ask ourselves is …. “Will this be the case in the future?”
The issues are …..
- What drives the choice ot’ building material in New Zealand
- What other forms of construction are there competing with timber framed construction.
- What is their market share now and what might it he in the future.
- What are the likely trends?
- Potential future directions for timber construction in New Zealand.
There are also files associated with this article that are available for download: