Doug Gaunt ensis – the join forces of CSIRO and Forest Research
1. NZS3603 Timber Structures Standard
- Design of larger timber structures
- Used as a basis for NZS3604.
- Contains design stresses & procedures
2. NZS3604 Timber Framed Buildings
- Design of timber houses.
- Based on No 1Framing (MoE = 8GPa).
3. NZS3622 Verification of Timber Properties
NZS3603 – Timber Structures
- F – Grades deleted.
- MSG 15, 12, 10, 8 & 6 added
- Visual grade stresses for VSG10, VSG8, No1F Timber, (same as the MSG Grades).
- A Lower Bound MoE added.
- Shear & Compression Perpendicular strengths covered by note
- Strength Properties lowered in comparison to MoE
- Calls up NZS3622 – Verification
There are also files associated with this article that are available for download: